Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Lend Me Some Sugar, I Am Your Neighbor


I understand the feeling of devoting serious time and thought into a well-polished blog (at least I think I do).  I also understand the feeling of exerting one's utmost energy on said blog to make it as entertaining and intellectual as possible but not getting the love one so rightfully deserves.  Just one comment I ask--one!  Please someone reaffirm my belief that my blog has no flaws and made somebody laugh out loud, I plead.  Everyone deserves some reassurance and support when they put forth the effort with the intentions to entertain.  With that in mind I have decided to serve the bloggers of the world longing for some reassurance.  Call me a good friend or positive reinforcement, but I perceive myself a philanthropist, donating pity comments to the blogging-needy.  Yes, I said pity comments, and yes, I can help with feelings of neglect as a direct result of blogging without costing a penny.  Consider me the street tattoo artist from the 2011 film Bridesmaids.  "IT'S FOR FREE," and when I say free I not only refer to the publishing of an educated comment in response to one's blog, but also a free boost in one's literary confidence.  My philosophy revolves around the idea that writing should always have a reward. Therefore, I have made it my goal to reward all of the under appreciated writers out there, one blog at a time.  Writing should not yield feelings of insignificance, quite the opposite, writing should return feelings of glee and accomplishment as one interacts with the world through words.  With that said, maybe pity comments lack the rewarding feeling I want to provide the authors I follow.  Instead, I vow to search for the forgotten blogs and encourage their authors with positive comments.  Everyone needs a little encouragement and even a sentence of support can improve a writer's outlook on word-weaving.  I pledge to encourage to the best of my abilities, but the enormous amount of blogs online poses  a problem for a mere mortal like myself.  Therefore, I ask all of my fellow bloggers to go out and, in the words of Outkast, lend a neighbor some sugar.  Peers in the blogosphere serve as the fuel for the publishing of more blogs.  I enjoy my classmates' blogs and I often have to restrain myself from commenting on more than two of them every week.  This may sound selfish but I do not want a drought in entertaining blogs due to a lack of positive feedback, so I ask for the help of my followers and bloggers worldwide to keep fueling the fire.

4 comments:

  1. I must admit, the title of your blog drew me in immediately, Kyle. I laughed out aloud as I read through your desperate entry, as I have found myself in the same sadness as you more than once. This entry has proved that you, Kyle Weber, deserve a round of applause for your witty writing and allusions to one of the funniest movies of all time, along with a comment or two to complement your awesome entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I applaud your heroic efforts and agree that blogs should not go unappreciated. Ever since our discussion of happiness and its involvement with social networks, I cannot stop relating all forms of joy to the need to tweet about one's contentment. We all get a sense of fulfillment form an approving comment, similar to the bliss achieved after receiving a retweet or favorite. Needless to say, I have lamented over my judgements stated in our discussions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I have experienced the recieving end of your philanthropic comments, you would think that I might take a bit more offense to the revelation that you responded out of pure pity to my blog last week. However, I actually quite enjoyed the spin you put on this idea in your post, and I cannot deny that your charitable comment brightened my mood. I imagine that most people feel the same uneasiness that I do when they first publish their inner thoughts on the blogosphere for the world to see, and I agree that we all deserve a little recognition for our bravery. So I hereby pledge to join your noble effort, and as you say, "fuel the fire."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kyle, according to this blogs popularity (especially with the ladies), it looks like your work here is done. You are totally the Mr. Gatsby of blogger.com. However, I will proceed to "lend you some sugar" and continue to comment. I can completely confide with your hunger for recognition after slaving away to create a witty and intelligent blog. Just like most aspects of life, unfortunately, not every blog will receive a gold star. Though we may work hard at our passions for the praise of others, we must remember that all sense of accomplishment must blossom from within. But in the mean time, encouragement from our peers can never hurt. So with this, I will take your advice and strive to support the blogs of underrepresented classmates.

    No blog left behind!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Total Pageviews